This week we have music from lydia ievins, Keith Murphy, George Wilson, and Tidal Wave. Margaret Youngberg reads a poem by Thomas Campion, and Julie reads a poem by John Keats and an excerpt from a poem by John O’Donohue. I love the cold clear nights of winter. On a really clear night, it seems like the stars go on forever. Once the sun has gone down, we can finally see the stars which have been waiting patiently, shining constantly this whole time. They are always shining, whether we can see it or not. You can reach us and find our Patreon at starsintherafters.com. Take care, everyone.
1. Great Falls – lydia ievins (Montague, MA). A cheerful polska. Someday lydia’s town will reclaim this name, first bestowed on her area (in a variety of languages) when it was known as a peaceful gathering spot for the Native tribes who congregated here. Recorded on Koivu, lydia’s duo album with Helsinki-based pianist Juha Kujanpää. www.lydiamusic.org
2. Now winter nights enlarge, by Thomas Campion. Read by Margaret Youngberg (Greenfield, MA).
3. The Stormy Scenes of Winter – Keith Murphy (Brattleboro, VT). Keith sings this traditional song on his 2005 solo album, Bound for Caanan. https://keithmurphy.bandcamp.com/
4. Bright star, by John Keats. Read by Julie Vallimont (Brattleboro, VT).
5. Morag’s Waltz – George Wilson and Friends (NY). This track is on the Great Meadow compilation album Contra Roots and Branches. https://www.greatmeadowmusic.com/crb.html
6. An excerpt from For one who is exhausted, a blessing, from To Bless the Space Between Us, by John O’Donohue. Read by Julie Vallimont (Brattleboro, VT).
7. La Gueussinette – Tidal Wave (QC) – This mazurka by Stephen Jones is on Tidal Wave’s eponymous debut album. http://home.total.net/~j.saintcyr/index\_eng.html
The opening music is “The Pearl in Sorrow’s Hand” by Julie Vallimont, from her album Dark Sky, Bright Stars. Produced by Julie Vallimont. Mixed and mastered by Dana Billings. All content courtesy of the artists, all rights reserved. This series is supported in part by the Country Dance and Song Society, NEFFA, CDS-Boston, and Pinewoods Camp. If you enjoy this podcast, please consider supporting it via Patreon: www.patreon.com/starsintherafters