Welcome to the first pilot episode of Stars in the Rafters. Featuring music from Julie Vallimont, Lissa Schneckenburger, Nova, Brendan Taaffe, and Elsie Gawler. Contribute your own music and words to the podcast at www.starsintherafters.com. We’d love to hear your thoughts! Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Petronella – Lissa Schneckenburger (Brattleboro, VT). A traditional New England dance tune, recorded by Lissa Schneckenburger on her Dance album, available at www.lissafiddle.com. Joining her are Bethany Waickman (guitar), Eric Merrill (viola), and Jeremiah McLane (accordion).
2. There and Back Again – Nova (VT and Scotland). A beautiful tune from the trio Nova (Kathleen Fownes, Guillaume Sparrow-Pepin, Everest Witman) from their most recent album Chasing the Sunset. Available at www.novatriomusic.com.
3. Not a day on any calendar, by Rumi, read by Julie Vallimont.
4. Leo’s Waltz – Julie Vallimont (Brattleboro, VT). Julie composed this waltz and it is found on her album “Dark Sky, Bright Stars”. It features Mia Bertelli on voice, Noah and Andrew VanNorstrand on fiddles, and Daniel Hawkins on cello. www.julievallimont.com
5. Song for the asking, by Paul Simon, read by Lissa Schneckenburger.
6. Wester Caputh – Brendan Taaffe and the Bright Wings Chorus (Brattleboro, VT). This piece, composed by Brendan, is from Here Below, the first album by The Bright Wings Chorus. The other singers are: Adam Jacob Simon, Mason Gohl, Wheaton Squier, Gideon Crevoshay, Addie Rose Holland, Rachel Gordon, Katie Trautz, Julia Wayne, and Emily Thompson. http://www.brendantaaffe.com
7. Dip and Sway – Elsie Gawler (Lincolnville, ME). This beautiful song by Elsie is about to come out on her upcoming solo album, Sweet as Honey. Look out for it in the next few months! You can pre-order at www.elsiegawler.com.
The opening music is “The Pearl in Sorrow’s Hand” by Julie Vallimont, from her album Dark Sky, Bright Stars. All music courtesy of the artists, all rights reserved.